Christmas's solitude


 

In five days, it's Christmas...

In five days, families around the Globe will get together to dine, to drink, to be together, to enjoy.

This Christmas is going to be a solitude one for me.

Like my Dad, in his bed...unable to move, unable to feel anything positive, just a constant pain and discomfort.

This Xmas, I can definitely sing "Last Xmas, I gave you my heart but the very next year, you gave it away..."

Let it be.

Because, the airplanes take off with opposing wind.

Maybe, I need to think like that?

That, now, that the winds are facing my face, is it the right time to take off?

Yannis Zabetakis

 

p.s. Standing stones... 

One bonny moonlight Christmas Eve 

They met at that sad place. 

With her heart in glee and the beams of love 

Were shining on her face 

When her lover came and he grasped her hand 

And what loving words they said 

They talked of future's happy days, 

As through the stones they strayed. 

They walked toward the lovers' stone 

And through it passed their hands. 

They plighted there a constant troth 

Sealed by love's steadfast bands 

He kissed his maid and then he watched her 

That lonely bridge go o'er. 

For little, little did he think 

He wouldn't see his darling more. 

Standing Stones of the Orkney Isles 

Gazing out to sea Standing Stones of the Orkney Isles 

Bring my love to me.


Comments

Popular Posts